Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Wondering How Did They Come Up With That?



and the best employee award goes to.....
Our company held their first General Meeting for 2014 and it consist of raffles, you know the one that you supposed to do during Christmas Party, and awarding of Employee of the Year for 2013. I didn’t attend that meeting since I’m on my day off but I still know what they had talked about.

Now let’s go to my question, how did they come up with the Employee of the year award? Voting. Yes you read it right, in the solely process of voting of each employee. They give us the ‘ballot’ with the list of candidates for the award. And what caught my attention again is the qualification, the only qualified for the said award is at least 3years in the company. WHAT!!! This is my reaction when I saw it. Like for real? Those employees whose below 2.5 years has no right for the award? They don’t deserve it just because they’re new? I don’t get the point! Everyone is working 8-9 hours a day 5-6days a week, why not include them? I remember when I worked in a fast food before, someone became the employee of the month and she’s been hired for 3 months. 

Now let’s go back with the process, voting should be a ‘part’ for the criteria. How will you rate the employee to receive such award? Let’s make it simple. In a classroom the teacher gives the students activities, recitations, quizzes, test, home works, projects and everything. Plus the attendance, plus the attitude, sums them up, get the average and that’s the students’ grade. See there is this process, the teacher didn’t just pinpoint or asks the students to vote who is the top in the class.

What I’m blabbering here is that, everyone deserve for an award whether they’ve been in the company for 50years or even just 5days (ok, that’s absurd XD) as long as they have shown their best and have a good performance. They should give a chance for them to have an award. 

note: I didn't participate in that sh*t 

3 comments:

  1. ang taray! so sino nakakuha nung award?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yung admin, in fairness naman hardworking naman yung girl na yun. yun nga lang panget yung proseso

      Delete
  2. popularity contest ata yun, not best employee. nakaka loka

    ReplyDelete

 

There's an Endless Sky Just Above Your Head Template by Ipietoon Cute Blog Design