Thursday, April 9, 2015

Cape Santiago Lighthouse in Calatagan, Batangas : Small Trip




On a hot Saturday late in March, I was so bored and wanted to go for a ride. So I called three of my colleagues to come with me on a small joy ride trip in Batangas. (Actually it was an ocular visit for a resort for our annual company vacation and I’m the head organizer, naks!). Driving in an old red Toyota Revo, we started to hit the road from Alabang South Station. 






















I was expecting a heavy traffic in SLEX since its weekend and the start of a long holiday but in less than 1 hour we were feeling the breeze of cool air in Tagaytay. Told the driver to turn off the AC and rolled down the windows to save gas, hahaha.


I'm the one showing my peace sign at the back;
wait why am I at the back?
 I'm the one who's in charge!
The road after we passed Tagaytay was so enthralling, well it was just a straight road and I exaggerated but when you live in Metro Manila, seeing this scenery is relaxing. I bet I have a lot of pictures of the road than my selfies, hahaha








We went first to Matabungkay to check resorts along the stretch of the beach. Still not contented, we drove more down south to Calatagan to check more resorts and seriously if you want to escape the bustling city, then cross out Matabungkay on your places-to-go list since the beach is getting a bit crowded on summer.

notice the welcome sign? the post is a lighthouse!

Driving for another 40minutes, we arrived at the town proper. We check two more resorts before we went to check our last on the list. On the way, I saw a rounded structure and knew that it was a lighthouse. Getting excited, we finished our last ocular visit in 15mins and went to the lighthouse. We almost got a bit lost since there is no proper landmark going to the lighthouse. The road going there was hidden with bushes and trees that we had to ask the locals the way. Only one car can fit the road and luckily there’s no car going back to block the way.

this is the last resort we checked but
didn't really paid attention on everything
the sand here is so white
front gate of the lighthouse


selfie at the back
selfie at the front






















There’s a person in charge in the lighthouse to assist visitors with no entrance fee, only donation. I was so excited going up the lighthouse that I forgot I have a fear of heights only realizing that when I reached the top and a gust of wind blew my face that I was shaking and only took two photos! Dang! At least I have enjoyed the view for a good 3 minutes before stepping down the spiral staircase.


the view on the south side
the view on the north






















There’s a wide space at the back overlooking the sea. 












the problem with this sign to the lighthouse, it was placed at the other side of the road
so you really can't see this sign. or at least make a bigger one


The road going back... aww that was it? Bitin!




Before we went home, we made a stopover in Tagaytay for a late lunch and I was craving for Bulalo. We had our lunch at 4PM so we were so hungry that I forgot to take a picture.



1 comments:

 

There's an Endless Sky Just Above Your Head Template by Ipietoon Cute Blog Design